martes, 21 de febrero de 2012

Reflection on Learning Technologies for the English Classroom - Week 1


            1. Why should I be using technology in the first place?

             In the first place, I should use it, as a resource, to enhance my teaching by applying different information and communication tools in different learning contexts across the syllabus and curriculum. But keeping in mind that “Pedagogy leads Technology”.

            2. What can I do in my own teaching situation?

             First of all, I can integrate more learning technologies in my teaching to enhance learning. I can use learning technologies such as YouTube, Wikipedia, PowerPoint Slides, etc, efficiently and effectively in different learning contexts across the syllabus and curriculum to access, select and present relevant information and content in a wide range of activities and learner-centered tasks.
  
            3. What do my students already use technology for?
     
            There is no doubt that ICT and LT tools are part of most people’s lives. My students are widely familiar with learning technologies such as Wikipedia, which they use regularly to complete their homework and tasks. But I believe that their use of technology is limitless, either educationally or for entertainment.

            4. How can I meet my students' needs?

             I can use learning technologies diversely to address different learning styles. I can involve them into activities with content and information that are engaging, challenging and motivating regarding their age, background, preferences, and above all, their learning needs. I can also create a technological-driven environment in the classroom where they, themselves, can satisfy their own learning needs. One of my students’ needs is to have fun while learning, hence, I can use learning technologies, such as YouTube to play a song with lyrics, to make them feel stress-free and have some fun while practicing the language. Yes, I do believe that learning can be fun.  

No hay comentarios: